ByCanary Pte. Ltd. (Reg No.202006992/N) (“ByCanary”), is a company incorporated in the
Republic of Singapore and its registered office is at 402 Orchard Road, #02-09 Delfi Orchard,
This website on the Internet with the URL address http://www.bycanary.co, is currently ByCanary’s online interface for us to show and sell exquisite ByCanary’s products and for you to browse and buy. As we continue to better enhance your shopping experience, we are also looking to roll out mobile applications and other digital platforms in time. This website as well as such mobile applications and other digital platforms (each the “Platform” and collectively, the “Platforms”) are or shall be owned and edited by ByCanary.
Where we offer our products for sale online, you must read the applicable Conditions of Sale, which will govern the terms and conditions of any such purchases made in this way.
on the Platforms.
Information you provide to us and how we use it
We collect the information from you as detailed below:-
- To access certain areas of the Platform, you will need to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including your name and address, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable ByCanary to provide you with the services you select;
- When you purchase products online, we collect information such as your purchase details and relevant payment information. In addition, we will also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services) or when you provide your details when you visit a ByCanary pop up booth or attend a ByCanary event. Please note that phone calls will on occasion be recorded for security, training and development purposes;
- If you choose to interact with ByCanary via a social media platform or other third party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform;
- We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platform, described in the section headed "Cookies and other information that we automatically collect", below; and
- We will collect information about your location to the extent that we provide any location services, described in the section headed “Location services” below.
We will use the information we collect from you to:-
- Manage and fulfil purchase and repair orders, facilitate delivery, and to provide after- sales services;
- Manage our accounts and records;
- Deal with your enquiries and requests;
- Send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
- Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us;
- Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
- Undertake credit checking, prevention of fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of our efforts to keep our Platform and services secure; and
- Understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve our Platform and services and other offerings.
Cookies and other information that we automatically collect
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your
computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application. They are used to
recognise your computer as you move between pages on a website, or when you return to a
website or mobile application you have visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to
make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners
of the platform.
There are two broad categories of cookies:-
- First party cookies,served directly by ByCanary to your computer or mobile device. They are used only by ByCanary to recognise your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Platform.
- Third party cookies,which are served by a third party service provider on our Platform, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other platforms. Third party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics or advertising purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. ByCanary uses both 'session cookies' and ‘permanent cookies’. Session cookies exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Permanent cookies survive after your browser is closed, and can be used to recognise your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
What cookies does ByCanary use?
The Platforms serve only the following types of cookies to your computer or mobile device:-
How to control or delete cookies
We use non-essential cookies on the basis of your consent. You have the right withdraw that
to use the full functionality of our Platform.
We will collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log-in times and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Platform and for internal reporting purposes. We will anonymise and share this information with advertisers, sponsors or other businesses.
The Platforms use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads
on third party platforms after you leave our Platforms, and we use third party analytics and other
service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use
of the Platforms and viewing of ads and of our content. Network advertisers are third parties that
display advertisements, which are based on your visits to the Platforms and other apps and
sites you have visited. Third party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for
products and services that you might be interested in.
You have choices in respect of the delivery of ads. You can opt-out of receiving certain types of behavioural ads by visiting the third party websites described in the section headed “How to control or delete cookies” above. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
Some of the services that we provide are able to use information about your location. For these services, which are typically available on mobile devices or applications, you are provided with the opportunity to provide your consent to the use of location services, which, for example, process information deriving from GPS, sensors, beacons or Wi-Fi access points in order to allow you to benefit from a more personalised service. Your device will have settings that allow you to turn off these services should you no longer wish to benefit from them.
Sharing your information
Our store is hosted on Shopify. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that
allows us to sell our products to you. In order for them to provide the abovementioned services
to us, Shopify will also collect and process personal information on you. To the best of our
understanding, knowledge and information, your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage,
databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind
We do not share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:-
- we will disclose your personal information to third party providers for the purposes of providing online and other payment services, handling credit checks and fraud prevention, and any other services required in order for us to use your information for the purposes specified in the section entitled “Information you provide us and how we use it”;
- we will disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
Protecting your information
We want you to feel confident about using our Platform, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. However, where we ask you to choose a password in order to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for selecting a secure password and keeping that password confidential. You should choose a password which you do not use on any other site, and you should not share it with anyone else.
You have the right to ask for access to any personal information that we hold about you in our
records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. In some
circumstances, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal information or a
restriction of its use.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information in some cases. In particular, you can ask us to stop sending you direct marketing communications at any time (however please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as e-mail updates on your order status). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at the address listed below.
You may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by e-mailing the address below in the section headed “Contact us” or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any ByCanary marketing e-mails.
please contact us at the address provided below. You can also use this address if you wish to
request access to the personal information we hold about you or to unsubscribe from any further
e-mail marketing communications.